Friday, June 15, 2007

LDL Cholesterol Levels

So, I went into an internist this last week and got a bunch of tests done. They called today and told me that my LDL cholesterol was high and that I needed to come back in 6 months for them to check it...Well, it doesn't really scare me, yet. But I guess it should a little more since I have a SERIOUS family line of heart disease on my dad's side.

My paternal grandmother, Nana, has gone through several open heart surgeries. One of the was a Quintuple bypass sugery! The Doctors called her a medical phenomenon because all her arteries were clogged, but her surrounding veins had somehow re-routed and were pumping blood to her heart!! I call that a blessing. So, here she is..she will be turning 87 years old on September 9th. She has outlived 2 husbands...and is still going strong. She is AMAZING! I have never met anyone, let alone at her age, that can recall ALL the vast amounts of information that she has happened throughout her life, her past husbands, her kids and her grandchildren..She is simply wonderful!

Just a side note: If we go and visit her or write her a letter..she gives us a movie in return. She has a whole bunch of movies, mostly old classics and romantics that the grandchildren get to go through and pick. PLUS, we play hand and foot into the night!! What FUN! She is always up for anything and we truly love and adore her.


I hope that with all this cholesterol information we have now-a-days, I can get in the groove of being healthier for the future.

4 comments:

Josh said...

Oh my goodness!! I hope my LDLs aren't high too...Seeing what I eat, I bet they are!!! What did they tell you to do to try and lower the LDLs???--love ya, Kiera

Ashleigh said...

Ha Ha..I was like, who's baby is that? There is no way katie could have had another baby by now!! And then I saw the dates on the pictures and I released a sigh of relief! Miss you guys..what have you been up to lately? Are you guys still thinking about moving elsewhere?

Katie said...

They didn't tell me to do anything...just watch what I eat and make an appointment to come back and visit him in 6 months...we'll see how it goes!

Melissa said...

So dose this mean that you're up for another round at the gym? It would be fun.