Sunday, August 5, 2007

Update on Cholesterol Levels

Alright, I went back to the dr. a few weeks ago and found out my cholesterol numbers. My cholesterol was 194 (over 200 is not good) and they say that if your HDLs and LDL numbers are within range than anything under 200 is ok....BUT, my HDLs (that's the good cholesterol) we too low 31 or 33 (women are supposed to have between 50 and 60) and my LDL (bad cholesterol was too high 141 (130 to 159 mg/dL--Borderline High) Here is a website that explains a lot about it and it is really easy to understand (Kiera, get it checked out..I am 26 and already have high cholesterol...so when you get back to the U.S.A. go and get a physical!)

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=183

Also, I have been feeling really sick for the past month...just nauseated, headaches, among many other things, so the normal thing to ask was whether or not I was pregnant, which I am not(!) or whether I had food poisoning (possible, that Chinese DID NOT sit well with me:) So, they went in and did some blood tests and x-rays. We'll find out this next week. BUT, after the x-ray, the dr. noticed some things, so he put me on some Miralax to get my body back in-sync with itself. :)

Anyway, that is the update, I am not dying, but sometimes I have felt like it...it was horrible when Luke was out of town last week, but I am SO glad that he is back!

1 comment:

Anja said...

I'm sorry you've been so sick, it's so hard to be sick and taking care of the kids! I hope you feel better soon!