Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday

I did loads and loads of laundry yesterday AND today. It was ridiculous. Mac decided to pee all over the bed yesterday...so add another load. then this morning? same thing. add another load to the pile! Oh well, such is life with a newborn.

We are adjusting to the new little man. He has QUITE the temper when he is hungry, tired or getting his diaper changed. Basically all the time. His worst time is at night around 9 or 10. we have learned to just settle him down, make sure he is fed, changed, burped, etc. Then get him into a deep sleep, put him in his car seat and he'll sleep for about 3-4 hours. It's nice. Then I pick him up to nurse and end up falling asleep with him on my chest. BAD. I am going to have to break this ASAP!

Other than that? I started a little "school" for the kids. Nothing big, but they get excited for an hour a day to learn, write, color, read, etc. Today was the letter "s" and we learned about snakes. Livi did addition and Spencer worked on his shapes.

Gotta jet, the mini man needs to be held!

6 comments:

The Lassen Family said...

Awesome that your little guy is so little and you already feel up to doing "school" with the kids. I'll bet they love it! And, yes, the girls did end up sleeping outside all night. I was quite impressed! Greg said they woke up about 7:15.

Jason Both said...

Sounds busy...By the way, my youngest brother was 11 lbs at birth. My mom had a hard time feeding him at first too because he just needed so much food. I wouldn't feel too bad about giving Mac a little formula. He probably needs more than the average newborn, and it'll take a little work and time to get what he needs from nursing.

Valerie: said...

hey...sounds rough but fun to have a little one again. I sure do not miss those nights up though. I wonder why the sleeping problems. I swear when babies get comfortable with something and you try to change it then its the end of the world. London was a BIG eater too and ATE all the time...really like every hour the first couple of months ahhhh Good luck

TORIRUTH said...

youre wonderful and beautiful and i miss you! put up some pics of old gram and gramps blonquist. also, don't bless big rigg till i come! Also, did you come up with 'big rigg' all by yourself or did i come up with it???? cause i came up with it all alone in the jungle here! haha, love you all. i miss you every day! tell the kids i love and miss them tooo! and vanilla gorilla of courseeeeeeeeee

The McLane Blog Page: said...

miss those cute kids!!!!

Marilee said...

Cute pics! I can't believe you are already doing loads of laundry and school with the older kids. Way to go Wonder Woman! And for your "BAD" habits with Mac I totally understand. I was so strict with Annalee and Samuel, but by the time Lauren came around I was too tired to do the "right" thing so I did the easy thing. We were sorry later when it came time to break the habits, but we finally got through all the drama. Good luck... it will all work out even if he sleeps on your chest for awhile!