Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September 2011

Ugh.  I am doing a horrible job of updating this blog!
On Labor Day we took a trip to the zoo to see the new(er) elephants.   Luke and Livi have never seen it before and it was such a treat to go with them!
IMG_8458IMG_8455IMG_8456
Luckily some of the exhibit is indoors.  Good old Cleveland and the rain.
IMG_8469IMG_8474IMG_8509
We got new gutters put on last week:
IMG_8555IMG_8559
Livi was in a mini cheer camp, so we got to go to our first high school football game.  Let me tell you…SUCH a treat!  Luke and I love football, so we had a blast…
IMG_8564IMG_8599IMG_8586IMG_8606IMG_8678IMG_8677IMG_8676
Mac has had a hard month so far.  He is on a clinical trial through a hospital in downtown Cleveland (Rainbow Babies).  The basic idea is to give him medicine at the first sign of sicknesses rather than to treat it after he has had his symptoms for a few days. 
We are on round 2 so far.  This past weekend was especially scary.  He hasn’t been this sick since he was 6 months old and had atypical pneumonia and H1N1.  His breathing was subpar at best.  He couldn’t get a full breath, was wheezing, gasping, coughing, and it sounded horrible/raspy when he would breath in or out.  He was up most of Saturday (the 17th) night and we were doing not only the clinical medicine, but the nebulizer treatments round the clock.  Fortunately, he is doing much better.  I can honestly say that being on this study has been a blessing in so many ways.  He has gotten healthier faster than he ever has.  To have him only really ‘sick’ for a day or 2 compared to a full week…it’s been great. 
In other news, this is what happens when you + Sister meet a piano bench.  It was the quickest black eye I have ever seen.  It ballooned immediately and it was just sooo sad to see him in pain!  Livi felt HORRIBLE and we are pretty sure she learned her lesson Winking smile
mac 9.20.11
There are still many other things we did this month, but I’ll have to wait until I get the pics off my camera.
Some great news this month:  Shout out to my sister, Kiera, and her hubby and Josh.  Baby boy #2 was born: Cason Alexander. His birthday was  9.13 (our grandmother’s 91st birthday) and weighed 9.13oz.  He was a BIG boy!  We love him so much!
My dear friend Kristin (and hubby Chad) had a baby boy yesterday, the 19th.  No name that I know of quite yet, but we are super excited for them!

Post edit:  Kristin and Chad named him Landry!

No comments: