Thursday, March 29, 2012

The microwave dilemma

Most times I post on here, it starts with something along the lines of, "Not much has been going on..."
Well, this time I have something to post about!  Exciting, I know.  Nothing too big, but between a ton of birthday parties and the start of spring break...
Anyway, last weekend, we had NO obligations, nothing but family time. So, I mentioned to Luke that I would like our new microwave to go in. It had been sitting in a box, in our dining room, for over a month. (Time to get a move on).
Let’s start in chronological order:
Getting prepared:
IMG_4188
Checking out the merchandise:
IMG_4189
Start easy:
IMG_4190
Lots and lots of screws and bolts:
IMG_4191
I’m just going to lift it up and it will come out….
IMG_4194
But obviously, nothing is that easy:
IMG_4195
So let’s take a break and DANCE!!
IMG_4197
And start again:
IMG_4198
Well, might as well take out the light bulbs (they were expensive! Smile)
IMG_4201
And dance a little more:
IMG_4203IMG_4204IMG_4205
After about 45 minutes, send the wife to the computer to look up HOW to dismantle and take down the 1984 mw:  *Please note, we weren’t the only ones frustrated by this venture!!**
IMG_4211
Using some major muscles to get that stinkin’ thing DOWN:IMG_4206
And yes, I was involved the ENTIRE time, just didn’t want the picture taken Smile
IMG_4207IMG_4208
After we got the case out, he’s what we had..brick.
IMG_4210
We thought…and thought…
IMG_4212
And took the plunge:
IMG_4213
No going back NOW!
IMG_4214IMG_4215IMG_4216IMG_4217IMG_4218IMG_4219
Here is Luke switching and doing some electrical stuff.  (He installed a 3 prong outlet for the fridge)












This is what our kitchen currently looks like...
Disclaimer:  Nothing is as easy as it looks.  That is COMPLETELY what happened here…we were ONLY changing out the microwave.  And now..a complete kitchen remodel…wonderful!  Smile

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

this is SO exciting...and funny...and unfortunate all at the same time! :) jk! SO happy to see the new and improved room!!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

I am laughing so hard right now!!! I LOVE THIS POST!!! It totally describes you guys...helping, happy, Luke dancing. I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.

You look darling, by the way, in your fun up-do and glasses!