Monday, October 14, 2013

Roslyn Ruth is here!

I'm writing this post via my phone, so it will be the quick version of little Rosie, Roz, Rozzie, Roslyn's arrival.

She's here and we couldn't be more happy and thankful.  It was a pretty easy labor, except for the epidural complications (2 epidural insertions and 4 different catheters later....issues breathing/pulse  and tunnel hearing and it wasn't a drip :(  ).  When the epidural took effect, the contractions weren't too shabby and I thought it would be an easier delivery. 
We told the dr. (who wasn't my dr., but LoVed! Her) how fast I progress.  I went a little slower than Mac's birth, 6 to 10 in 40 minutes vs. 20, but it gave the dr. a chance to have lunch ;) 
Unfortunately, Rosie was posterior and not working down the canal fast enough.  15 intense minutes later and she was here with a small cry.  She has a bruise on the tip of her nose and she snuggled into me for quite a while, taking in the world.

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

She's such a Kirkham!! Love you guys!! ADORABLE! CONGRATS!

TORIRUTH said...

oh my word she is beautiful! I love all the nickname options! Can't wait to meet her! I'm excited to read or hear the longer version of it all. I miss you guys! Love you!

Kimi said...

She is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo cute!!! Congratulations to all of you! And I love love her name :)

Eva Andersen said...

Congratulations. She is beautiful. You should be sleeping!

Eva Andersen said...

What a little beauty!

The McLane Blog Page: said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!!! I need to see her!!! November needs to come NOW. And you KNOW I hate me some November (cold weather) sooooooo that's sayin' something!!!!!

The McLane Blog Page: said...

PS- can I call her Rosie??? I can't help it, I just love saying' "Rosie".

Tabitha Davidson said...

Love the details on her birth. Love her name. Love you. Love her! Hope you and your family are and continue to be happy and healthy!

erica said...

Oh she's so sweet, congrats Katie! For a second she almost makes me want to get pregnant again...haha not for a little while anyway ;)