Saturday, October 14, 2017

Rosie's birthday

Last month, I was at a sleepover with the Young Women leaders in our ward.  I LOVE them!  We played a game where we passed a card around and voted for things (Who wears the oldest clothes?  Who do you think would be the best at telling jokes? etc)  There was one that EVERYONE voted for me...least likely to bake.  It fit so well, but bothered me so much.  I cook, I don't bake..well.  I have made cookies perfect one day and then they are runny the next time.  I don't know WHAT I do, but it happens every time.

I decided that to prove everyone..and myself that I COULD bake, I decided to make Rosie's birthday cake.  It turned out awesome.  It was a 3 layer chocolate cake, with chocolate buttercream frosting in between the layers.  Because we didn't account for the high elevation, it was sinking a bit...here comes Grandma Uschi to the rescue.  She added a chocolate ganache top.  It was so good!


This is a bad picture, but it was fantastic.  

Since my parents were going out of town for the weekend, we had 2 parties for Rosie.  The first one Addi, Bri and Jenny came.  Then on Friday we had one with Iris and Terry. Here is the 2nd cake I made.  The icing was a litttllleee thick in between layers.  HA! Oh well, live and learn.