Wednesday, April 30, 2008

And the birthday continued...!


So, on Monday I wasn't expecting too much since we had done EVERYTHING I wanted on Saturday. Well, a FABULOUS person in our ward, Loni, called to see if we wanted to come to dinner (we had met the day before). I explained that it was my birthday and we weren't sure what our plans were and we might actually go out to dinner as a family...again.


She then said, "We'll take the kids tonight and you guys can go out to dinner and a movie." Whoa, HOLD THE PHONE...are you kidding me?!?! First off, who would want to randomly watch our kids (although they are stinkin' adorable!), Second, we just met yesterday in Relief Society, third, she has 3 boys under 4 and is due with her 4th in under a month! Talk about an ANGEL. Of course, I called Luke ASAP and he was ALL about it. :) What's even funnier, Luke and I had been talking (since we moved here) about finding a good babysitter like we had in Kansas. We were going to start asking around in the ward for my birthday, but we hadn't had a chance yet...Talk about getting lucky!


We went to Cheesecake Factory (never been) and it was a fun atmosphere! We probably won't be frequenting this place very often since I didn't LOVE the food, but the cheesecake (which I don't normally like) was very good. Then instead of going out to a movie, we rented from the RedBox. (Thank you Rachel for reminding me about them) We watched Becoming Jane on monday and Dan in Real Life and I was VERY impressed with both of them!


So, thank you LONI for being so wonderful and thanks Luke for more fun and a chance to eat dinner by ourselves!

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

HOORAY FOR REDBOX, AND BIRTHDAYS, AND BABYSITTERS!

Don't know if you got my call or not, but I left you a birthday message...

Hope your day was wonderful!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

So much fun! What a great little Loni to watch your kiddos. How sweet of her. Does she have a little guy that is Spencer's age? Maybe Spence could make a new play friend.
Oh and the Cheesecake Factory. I've had a couple of good things there, but I can't remember what, because we don't frequent the place. Mostly because it is very expensive for what you get. MAN!
Oh, and I'm glad you liked "Dan in Real Life". We are about to start watching Juno.
And again Happy Birthday!!!! Miss you so much.

rachel said...

oh my gosh so much to say!
Number one: Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!
Numer two: Love, Love, Love your hair! Seriously so cute!
Number three: LOVE the treadmill! Oh I would Love one of those! I was checking it out and it looks awsome with the fan and it folds up so small.
Number four: Thank YOu Loni! Its so nice to have a few hours without the kids.

Bodell said...

WOW! Love your hair! Happy birthday, last month! You really were spoiled, good job to your hubby! ;)

I'm glad you found us... we had a great time with you over Easter! Let's keep in touch! When you guys come back into town let us know and we'll get together for games!

Lindsey

Devony said...

ooh you'll have to try the louisiana chicken pasta at cheesecake factory. it's soooooo good! and the lemon raspberry cream cheesecake is my fave. Yum. I want to go there now. Happy birthday a lot late!