Friday, July 10, 2009

Tank: Living up to his name



It's true. This kids is definately living up to his nickname: tank.



He is a big kid! I took him into the dr's last week because he was sick..and they weighed him with his clothes on. Verdict? 12lbs. 11oz! Wow! I couldn't believe it! What a big kid!



Well, today I took him in for his well baby (1month) visit and they weighed him again. without clothes on AND a clean diaper.


Verdict? 12 lbs. 15 oz. WOWZER! That is a 4 oz + gain. Let's just say that the dr. was pretty impressed!



We are also impressed. He is out of 0-3 months clothing...and it makes me want to cry. Where did my newborn go..and who is this adorable, CHUNKY little baby?



In other news: Last night he fell asleep around 10 p.m. and slept until 7 (with 1- 3:30 a.m. nursing period). It was absolutely AMAZING! I am not holding my breath, but it was awesome!



Also, on wednesday I left him for the 2nd time (1st time was with my mom on sat.) while I went to a Movie with some women in the ward. It was such a nice night...although I worried about him the ENTIRE time! I love this kid! The movie, My Sister's Keeper, didn't end like the book, but it was still pretty good. You might want to see it!

5 comments:

Ellis Family said...

What a cutie. It sounds like Mac loves to eat!! I want to see that movie. I just saw the proposal and thought it was really cute and SO funny.

Michelle said...

Love chunky babies!

rachel said...

oh i think he is SO cute!!! Looks like you guys had a fun 4th with family.

Trapper and Suzy said...

Oh, I am so jealous about the sleeping thing. Braden wakes up at least twice before 7. He goes to sleep around 9:30 and then wakes up at like midnight or 1 and then at about 5 and then 7.....It's ridiculous. I tried that Babywise book 'cause everyone swore by it, but it has been soo hard getting him on its routine.

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

I want to kiss those cheeks over and over and over again! What a good looking baby!
And what a good boy for sleeping that long! Have you started Babywise yet?
AND I'm glad you were able to get out with some friends. It's always a much needed thing, that way you can feel "human" again.
Also, I'm reading My Sister's Keeper right now. I have missed feelings about it. The mom is BUGGIN'! But I did also hear that the ending is different in the movie, but I haven't seen it yet. I"ll let you know what I think.
Love ya!