I finally broke down and paid the stinkin' $22.49 to the library. I have mixed feelings about this, but I figured if I went to Walmart and bought it and replaced it without telling the library, somehow the Universe would come back and bite me in the behind.
I know, it sounds stupid, but with how much we have been blessed and led through this whole "home buying" experience, I didn't want to do something that would screw it up!
We have 8 days until closing..can you believe it!!??! 8 days and we are home owners. Through this entire process we have seen the Lord's hand in guiding us and others to get things done. It has truly been amazing! (If you are thinking about buying a home..we have an amazing mortgage person, Kristi Amenda, to go through..she was ROCKIN' Fast, super helpful, was willing to explain everything step by step, even into the late night, and got our loan processed and through in RECORD speed... No joke! Amazing! and I believe that she can work anywhere in the U.S.A. )
Anyway, the actual packing/moving day (the 17th) is fast approaching...
11 comments:
It's probably better that you paid...I was going to tell you that there is probably some magnetic strip on the original anyways. I worked @ the BYU library and learned a thing or two about tattle tape. And congrats on the house!!
Aha!! The 17th, eh? Maybe we'll be able to help each other after all!
exciting!!!!
Yay! Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures of your new place!
Good luck with the move. How exciting!
I am so angry! This just happened to me yesterday and I was wondering what you did about the whole situation. A heavy pvc pipe fell and landed right on Dora, and snapped it in half. It is so annoying thinking that I have to go in there so they can tell me what ridiculous amount I have to pay for that dumb movie that is only 30 min long!
On a better note, enjoy your new home! Have fun packing and moving!
Congratulations on your new home! It was stressful going through the whole process and crazy amounts of papers that you sign at the closing, but it is worth it when you drive up to your new home! Enjoy it!
Congrats on your house! How fun to be buying your first house. We just closed on a house a week ago and I am swimming in boxes. It will be that way for a while since Adam isn't here to help unpack. We have a lot of damaged things since it was in storage so long...hope your stuff makes it in better shape. Hope you love your house!
I would have been ticked -- but would have done the same thing. It's just one of those annoying little things in life....can't wait till you get settled in your new home.
Katie!!! How exciting!! We really need to catch up. Is your email address the same? I want to hear the details of Luke's job and your new home and where you are, etc...
Will you let me know Lisa's email address so I can request and invite to look at her blog? I'm still at the same old email I've had since college...high school, actually.
Thanks!
Post a Comment