I really, REALLY dislike (strongly) this person. No, this has nothing to do with the whole Sesame Street thing. Even before the American Idol thing... I couldn't STAND HER. She was rude and inconsiderate. That just sealed the deal for me. But I digress....
This strong dislike stems back to 2008. When "I Kissed a Girl" came out (literally).
Ever since that time I have consistently turned the station when one of her songs comes on. It has gotten to the point where Luke (and the kids) are somewhat bugged with me because they know that I will not let them listen to her "awesome" and "upbeat" songs.
I will admit, her songs have a great beat and they are very, VERY addicting. The tune can run through my mind all.day.long. (and even all week long!)
But I think that as a mother, I have a responsibility to keep this out of our home....and car. Isn't it amazing how Satan can disguise sex, homosexuals, disrespect, etc in awesome, upbeat music?
I am not perfect. I love lots of different types of music AND I listen to most of it. But there is a fine line and I don't want to cross it. Now, with that said...I will admit that I don't allow Adam Lambert songs either..but that's a totally different subject . blah.
This is a great talk.
Now, this also doesn't mean that I don't watch this and this ocassionally. I am starting to move away from them...it's like weaning a child from nursing (because I know how that goes!). It is very.very.very.slow going. But isn't the point that I am making the effort?
Alright, this post has moved from my strong dislike for a singer to my t.v. obsessions...so I'm done. g'night!
6 comments:
I'm feeling super lame because I have no idea what songs that girl sings! lol
But I totally get where you're coming from...I know people will call me crazy for saying this, but Miley Cyrus gets my blood boiling like that. The way she was this great role model for kids and clean and good, and then turned all skanky--so it's frustrating to explain to Jenna...
and we abandoned the bachelor the season...best decision ever.
No, it's so right! We were talking about this and decided that it is everywhere, Satan is pulling out the stops...it's just going to get worse and so it's good to stop now before it becomes even more disguised and think "oh a little here or there doesn't hurt" I admit that I like the upbeat songs, but I think you may have influenced me to change the station from now on...I think I know I should, but ignore that little "feeling" Hmmm, not so good. Great post!
I totally agree with you. I usually have a kid-friendly CD playing, because too often a song will come on the radio, and I'll switch it off, with a "Why did you stop the song, Mommy?" I tell the kiddos that the words are not kind and teach people to make bad choices. So far, that suffices.
Good luck with your changes. I totally know where you're coming from :)
Great post and I couldn't agree more!
You are hilarious. haha I don't like her either, but my sister thinks she's "so cute." I agree about the whole upbeat music thing. Satan is very clever, and it's our job to have our guards up ready to shield our babies. I admit, I don't make the best decisions either sometimes. I finally deleted Catan 'cause it was becoming too much of an obsession and I felt like my kids thought I loved the computer more than them. So, I'm SO grateful for change and repentance! haha Stop, Suzy, stop....
You know those Kidz Bop CDs? They annoy the crap out of me. Who wants to see and hear some 8 year old girl sing the lyrics to Teenage Dream? It blows my mind. They have these little kids singing lyrics to songs about all kinds of inappropriate stuff. As an adult these lyrics might not affect me as much. But for these kids to be singing stuff like "let's go all the way tonight, no regrets, just love." WTF?? Yes, upbeat music is addicting. My almost 4 year old loves the song "Bad Romance" because it's got a great sound to it. Oh sure, it was funny to hear him try to sing the lyrics at first, but now? Not so much.
Post a Comment