Monday, June 18, 2012

Pre-vacation

In true “K” family fashion, we seem to have a problem with going on vacation without any major issues.  (see here)

So, what would be any different from this time around, when we had 1 day before our family reunion?  Nothing.

I may have put a HUGE CHUNK of pot roast down the disposal. (A HUGE CHUNK = 1/2 a pot roast cooked)
I was cleaning out the fridge and when I went to put the chunk down, Spencer yelled (several times) “No mom. DON’T! It’s too big, don’t do it!”

IMG_5494

So much for listening to my 6 year old. As the disposer was going, it started coming up the other sink. With Luke at basketball, I called my dad and he said that I would need to take apart the pipes below the sink. No problem. So, with the kids holding Luke’s player, we skyped as he showed me what to do.

IMG_5493

Needless to say…it didn’t help. We took it apart 3 different times to run water down and each time it would come back up, so we knew that it had to be further down the line.

IMG_5495 

Luke ended up taking off the next day, Friday, and he unscrewed the pipe.  We rotor rootered it a few times going down the line, got some gunk up and flushed water down a few times.  GROSS! 

It worked!

No comments: