Friday, December 21, 2012

Last year....

Last year (2011) Livi BEGGED me to get her ears pierced.  I had to wait until I was 12 (although my dad wanted me to wait until I was 16!) and after talking with my mom, I thought that was a good age.  I knew she would be responsible...she would be in Young Women's, etc. 
IMG_7455

And then the begging started....and didn't stop.  I was strong and held my ground.  Then an opportunity came up:  She wasn't doing very well/wasn't focusing when they would do the timed addition/subtraction tests in school.  Not that she didn't KNOW them, she just would dink around and not pay attention to the time.  This was a great mommy moment…because an idea was born!
IMG_7456
I told her that if she would focus and get an A on her test, then I would consider getting her ears pierced.  Well.....she sort of stopped asking/begging and I wasn't thinking about it until she came home from school THIS year and told me that she had gotten a 98% and had passed what she needed to, to move on to the next level.  Lucky for us, it was right before her birthday ....so we loaded up that weekend and went over to Piercing Pagoda. (I can't believe I got mine done there almost 20 years ago!!!)
IMG_7458

She did such a great job and only flinched when they couldn’t detach the gun from her earring. 
IMG_7460IMG_7461IMG_7464IMG_7466
What a tropper…and such a doll!
IMG_7467

2 comments:

Eva Andersen said...

She looks so grown up!

Trapper and Suzy said...

lol! What a funny girl! Great job to Livi for passing her test! The earrings look beautiful on her, though she was already VERY beautiful. : )