Friday, November 9, 2007

Kansas City Ballet


This past Wednesday I had the opportunity to go the Kansas City Ballet with some great friends! The night was a BLAST!! We seriously had such a fun time and who wouldn't with 4 girls in downtown KC at night, right?
We started off the night leaving at a reasonable time and we took the wrong interstate to get there. Taking I35 would've gotten us there pretty fast (straight shot)...but we accidently took I435 and ended up going the longer way..BUT, no fear Karen was the designated OnStar (she used to live downtown).
We got downtown, found that the theater wasn't where is was supposed to be ;-), finally found some parking (the Garth Brooks Concert was going on..so finding parking under $5 was AMAZING!!) and started running..where? We didn't know, since the address was WRONG!
We ended up asking a taxi drive, then a hotel person, and then running the blocks to the theater...POOR Shannon! We thought she was going to deliver on the street! (I was running in my SuperWoman boots..NOT Easy!)
After about 15 minutes of walking, running and asking we found it..and not a minute too soon. We got inside and sat in our seats (7:40) and it was supposed to start at 7:30, so we were LUCKY!




5 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I would love to see a ballet! Nothing like that ever happens around here! Good for you getting out and being girly!!

Ellis Family said...

I love the Ballet. What did you see? I wish Rock Springs was a little more cultured!!!

Michelle said...

Hey, you said more pictures to come! And I know you have some too...... ;)

Melissa said...

That's too funny. We were there too, but we went Fri. night. They are amazing and they make it look so easy. And you're right traffic was horrible! Darn Garth Brooks!
And by the way I LOVE Spencer's costume. What a cleaver idea. So cute- The BEST!

Devony said...

Too fun! I love the ballet! So glad you got to go!