Sunday, March 2, 2008

Our new additions...

Ok, so for the longest time I have wanted twins. I don't know exactly where it stemmed from, maybe from the fact that my uncles are twins and so are my cousins. I know that it runs in the mother's side of the family and identical twins are not hereditary. So...our odds aren't too shabby (my uncles are identical and I don't think my cousins are...hmm, that's an interesting question: Kiera, Stevie Kay..I don't think they are identical..do you know? They looked a lot alike as babies and toddlers, but now one is really tall and one is short, blue eyes/brown eyes. Ok, I'm not sure what makes a twin identical or fraternal..whatever!)
ANYWAY, here are our new additions:







What were you thinking? Haha, NOT PREGNANT! Livi named the smaller one: Rainbow Dash (go figure) and Spencer named the other one, "Mine, Mine" (just think: Nemo)
It has been fun for the kids, since we aren't getting a puppy anytime soon..oh well, wishful puppy thinking. Next time!
Update: "Mine, Mine" has met his porcelain resting place today at 12:10p.m. So sad...so long little buddy! I thought he was sick when we bought him...and I guess I wasn't too far off! Also, I wonder if he was blind...he's in a better place...bless his fishy soul!

6 comments:

stevie kay said...

My dad and Tom are identical.

Ben and Dan are fraternal - Dan is so much shorter than Ben because he has Crones disease.

And yes I did think you were pregnant.

Poor "Mine, mine."

S&J Jones Family said...

We got rid of our 55 gallon fish tank not too long ago. It stressed me out because I feel like it didn't fit in here that well and my house felt cluttered. The one you guys go is cute.

Sorry, was pretty sure you weren't/aren't pregnant :)

Shannon said...

You really scared me for a minute there Katie!

The McLane Blog Page: said...

laughed really hard when you gave the "mine, Mine" update...poor fish! The fish I had never lvied longer than a week....I'm not good with fish!

Victoria said...

Poor "Mine, Mine"... didn't take him long, eh? Hopefully Rainbow Dash will last a bit longer. If not, you can have my one fish that is left... I've had him for 3 and a half years now... I got six at the same time but the rest of them are dead... because he killed them all. But he's a survivor!!!

Katie said...

Wow Katie, I thought you were making a big announcement! (Not that pet gold fish aren't a big announcement...) I am sorry for Spencer's loss since he named "Mine,mine." Glad to hear you guys are settled in Ohio! Let's plan a trip!