Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Apples Part I and II

Apples Part I: Carmel Apple Night

Fall is my favorite season! This year we have been lucky enough to have made some great friends, not to mention making memories and building apple traditions! I don't think I have ever done a "real" carmel apple night. The carmel was homemade and DELICIOUS! The kids had a hey-day putting their toppings on..and we finished the night with rootbeer...a fall favorite for me!



Apples Part II: Apple Picking and Bonfire

Yesterday we decided to have FHE, dinner and a bonfire at a friend's home who also happened to have an apple tree! We are so lucky! The kids had a great time playing, picking apples and eating TOO many of them (spencer's diaper showed the effects today :)

Here is a typical Spencer thing..in order...

(BTW, the last picture was taken earlier in the night and I really had to literally run from the house to catch him..and I took the picture before saving him. Mother of the Year award this way please! :)

7 comments:

The Lassen Family said...

OK, those are the cutest apple picking pictures! Especially that series with Spencer hanging off the tree :-) So fun! I just wish I would have brought my camera!

Rachel Holloway said...

We do carmel apples every year too! It's one of the best things about FALL! :)

Jennifer said...

Looks delicious. I had to laugh about taking his picture before you saved him. Sounds like something I would do. Aren't we great moms, can't miss a photo opportunity for memories! The kids will thank us later. And about Belgium, we hope to come back in three to five years depending on how things go. I want to be back before my kids get old enough for major peer pressure situation. It is so liberal over there and very few standards.

Ashleigh said...

yum, caramel apples! Is it getting cold where you are? It was like 80 degrees here today. It doesn't really feel like fall yet! I have a question, how much do you pay for your glass website? I have some things I want to sell online and I am looking for something to just start small with. Anyway, let me know! I can't believe how big Spencer is! Its seems like yesterday you were still prego..i haven't actually ever met him in person, weird.

Katy said...

I feel bad that Sennika already missed out on a lot of summer by me being so sick with this baby. Now I'm FREAKING OUT that she's going to miss fall with me at home. I have made a list of fall things to do, so she doesn't get "jipped" Carmel apples is on it...can I get your recipe? I'm so excited. This is perfect!

Monique said...

That looks so fun! I want to do that for FHE with our family soon. I love caramel apples!

christa said...

Yumm, that looks SO good!