
This post is long coming since I have been MIA for a few days. I can't believe how sick some people can get...I don't mean sick minded, I mean sick throwing up until there is nothing left to throw up and still your body finds more ways to make you throw up. Yeah, that would be me. You might want to stop reading this if you will get sick. I'm not one to keep anything in, if you know me at all...so read at your own risk.
After hearing from her about her household situation and then another friend getting it...I knew it was only a matter of time before our family was hit by THE BUG.
Last Monday morning around 5 a.m. Livi comes RUNNING in our room to say that Spencer had thrown up. SHE WAS FAST! I have no idea how she was able to wake up that quickly because from what we heard on the monitor to how fast she was..maybe a 10 second window, AMAZING KID! Anyway, Luke was on clean up duty (good, good man) and cleaned it up fairly quickly, but was quite grumpy because he had to wake up pretty soon after. Later on that day, Spencer threw up again, but wasn't big, we just all stayed home and had a sick day. Luke on the other hand went to work and ended up texted me and said he was sick. (Sidenote: This man RARELY gets sick, so if he says he is sick, you know he is telling the truth!) He gets home off the bus and I somehow have homemade chicken noodle soup waiting for him and his sweats laid out on the bed. His stomach remained really queasy into Tuesday, so he stayed home...and played mom, because I am doing the whole pregnancy thing (yeah, btw, I'm pregnant and not happy about it apparantly. This will be our last one!)
Luke also had Wednesday off because of my dr's appointment and so we all spent some time together.
Fast forward to Friday, Halloween. Yeah, you guessed it. I GET SICK! I just thought the pregnancy thing was getting to me, until I started getting pretty bad. I was on some new medication that made me short of breath and I HATE feeling that way, so I called the on-call nurse, Linda (btw, is it a bad thing when the WHOLE office knows you by name and greets you when you call...or when they have your home number memorized?! Seriously, this has never happened before, but then again, I never had complications like this before!) After switching my medication, I started throwing up (not related) and I called in dead to trick-or-treating and stayed all by my lonesome...sad! ;( Everyone came home happy and full of candy (thanks Greg and Amy...they had a blast!)
Saturday I lounged around thinking I was getting better and we did our new-found ritual of going out to eat on Saturday nights. (Ok, we normally go out to eat on Saturdays, I only say "new-found" ritual because I want to and it adds a bit of flair) Anyway, I was STARVING when we got to T.G.I.Fridays and we had a 20 minute wait, so by the time they got ANY thing to our table, I was already at the sick era. I made it through dinner and came home and had to take 4 milk of magnesia and other things due to some "other" issues.
I woke up on sunday and was clearly not going to church. I was sick. I honestly don't know how often I was in the bathroom throwing up...but it wasn't pretty. Thankfully Linda got me through most of it and I was one throw up away from the ER. The last call I made to her was at 9p.m. that night and she said to give her a call if anything came up (pun intended?) ANyway, I threw up at 10, but didn't call her. The kids were in bed already and if I was going to go to the hospital, that would mean we needed to get someone over here, etc, etc...so I stayed home. I was up all night. Literally, all night. Have you ever throw up for 12+ straight hours? It does a number on your back and your belly. I was in so much pain I slept from 10:30 to 2:45am and then didn't get any sleep. It was miserable.
Luke stayed home again on Monday and played mom while I continued to feel sick. Linda called me at home and made sure I was alive. I told her all that had happened and since I can't even keep the anti-nausea meds down, they got me some the dissolve on my tongue...cool and disgusting. Long, long story short..I'm still throwing up. Last nights dinner was swimming with the fishes down the porceline express. I'm not really happy about it. I have no water left in my body. Honestly. I can't drink anything more than a tsp. or it comes up. But I have faith that today is a new day and I will be able to keep down something liquid. I really want a tall glass of water...that's all I want. Not pop. not ginger ale. not milk. nothing but water. So all of you out there...drink a cup or two for me.
After hearing from her about her household situation and then another friend getting it...I knew it was only a matter of time before our family was hit by THE BUG.
Last Monday morning around 5 a.m. Livi comes RUNNING in our room to say that Spencer had thrown up. SHE WAS FAST! I have no idea how she was able to wake up that quickly because from what we heard on the monitor to how fast she was..maybe a 10 second window, AMAZING KID! Anyway, Luke was on clean up duty (good, good man) and cleaned it up fairly quickly, but was quite grumpy because he had to wake up pretty soon after. Later on that day, Spencer threw up again, but wasn't big, we just all stayed home and had a sick day. Luke on the other hand went to work and ended up texted me and said he was sick. (Sidenote: This man RARELY gets sick, so if he says he is sick, you know he is telling the truth!) He gets home off the bus and I somehow have homemade chicken noodle soup waiting for him and his sweats laid out on the bed. His stomach remained really queasy into Tuesday, so he stayed home...and played mom, because I am doing the whole pregnancy thing (yeah, btw, I'm pregnant and not happy about it apparantly. This will be our last one!)
Luke also had Wednesday off because of my dr's appointment and so we all spent some time together.
Fast forward to Friday, Halloween. Yeah, you guessed it. I GET SICK! I just thought the pregnancy thing was getting to me, until I started getting pretty bad. I was on some new medication that made me short of breath and I HATE feeling that way, so I called the on-call nurse, Linda (btw, is it a bad thing when the WHOLE office knows you by name and greets you when you call...or when they have your home number memorized?! Seriously, this has never happened before, but then again, I never had complications like this before!) After switching my medication, I started throwing up (not related) and I called in dead to trick-or-treating and stayed all by my lonesome...sad! ;( Everyone came home happy and full of candy (thanks Greg and Amy...they had a blast!)
Saturday I lounged around thinking I was getting better and we did our new-found ritual of going out to eat on Saturday nights. (Ok, we normally go out to eat on Saturdays, I only say "new-found" ritual because I want to and it adds a bit of flair) Anyway, I was STARVING when we got to T.G.I.Fridays and we had a 20 minute wait, so by the time they got ANY thing to our table, I was already at the sick era. I made it through dinner and came home and had to take 4 milk of magnesia and other things due to some "other" issues.
I woke up on sunday and was clearly not going to church. I was sick. I honestly don't know how often I was in the bathroom throwing up...but it wasn't pretty. Thankfully Linda got me through most of it and I was one throw up away from the ER. The last call I made to her was at 9p.m. that night and she said to give her a call if anything came up (pun intended?) ANyway, I threw up at 10, but didn't call her. The kids were in bed already and if I was going to go to the hospital, that would mean we needed to get someone over here, etc, etc...so I stayed home. I was up all night. Literally, all night. Have you ever throw up for 12+ straight hours? It does a number on your back and your belly. I was in so much pain I slept from 10:30 to 2:45am and then didn't get any sleep. It was miserable.
Luke stayed home again on Monday and played mom while I continued to feel sick. Linda called me at home and made sure I was alive. I told her all that had happened and since I can't even keep the anti-nausea meds down, they got me some the dissolve on my tongue...cool and disgusting. Long, long story short..I'm still throwing up. Last nights dinner was swimming with the fishes down the porceline express. I'm not really happy about it. I have no water left in my body. Honestly. I can't drink anything more than a tsp. or it comes up. But I have faith that today is a new day and I will be able to keep down something liquid. I really want a tall glass of water...that's all I want. Not pop. not ginger ale. not milk. nothing but water. So all of you out there...drink a cup or two for me.
PS. I am happy about baby #3, just not about being pregnant. Pregnancy and I don't get along very well!
29 comments:
That sounds miserable! I hope you get better soon. And congratulations on the pregnancy (I think).
Congrats on the baby news. I am sorry that you are so sick. I hope you get feeling better. I feel like I am still in the 69th ward. Everyone is pregnant EXCEPT me. I will go drink a glass of water just for you. and PS when you move back to Idaho you should move into our ward. You guys would fit right in. :o) We totally have a "bubble" here. I love it.
Katie, I hope you feel better soon! Being sick is not fun! How far along are you? I'm sorry you're having such a hard time being pregnant!
We are closing on our duplex on Thursday and we are supposed to close on our new house this Friday but I am not sure if that will happen. We're waiting for our closing costs to clear the bank...:(
I am so sorry that you are sick! That is no fun at all! Hang in there! Congrats on baby #3, hope that pregnancy #3 is not too bad. When are you due?
OH MY GOSH! You HAVE been sick! I am actually kind of glad to read this because I COMPLETELY forgot about pictures...we were SWAMPED with family here and I realized on Saturday NIGHT that I had not ever called you. Gosh, I FEEL TERRIBLE. BUt not as terrible as YOU have felt! :) And in a totally different way.
Why don't we plan on you calling me when you think you really are ready??? Sound okay?
Hope you feel better!
Congrats on the soon to be new addition. So sorry about the sickness. There's something going on around here too. One of my girls is my little bug catcher, so it's only a matter of time.
Katie, Just when you thought it couldn't get worse! Argh. I am so so sorry! Has Livi escaped the bug so far?
I'll call you...
yeah, your prego! sad your sick! Eden has the exact same thing going on with her, she has it on both ends! poor little girl. I am so excited you are having another baby! Now we just have to get Karen on board with a third! ;-)
Hooray! For the baby, not the pregnancy or the flu... hope you guys get better soon!!
I am so sorry you're sick but this was a funny way to announce that you're pregnant! I am sooo sorry-- if it makes you feel better, which it won't, I had MANY MANY nights where I threw up all night and didn't sleep for one second...NO FUN!!! I feel for you and hope you start feeling better soon!!!!
Congrats Katie!..no fun about the sickness! that is awful. I hope you get feeling better. I wish I could come bring you dinner or something! take care
Congratulations Katie! (About the pregnancy, not the sickness!) I hope you start feeling better soon... the stomach flu is no fun! But I'm so happy for you guys having another little one!
yea for anoyher baby....sad your sick! i guess it could be worse, you could be 8 months prego with the flu! get well soon!
Wow! Sounds like you are not having fun. Number three can be tough. I remember you were pretty sick with Livi too. Maybe you're getting another girl. OK, so seriously don't leave scissors out. When I was too dizzy to walk with Eiley, I fell asleep and Becca cut ALL her hair off. It took about six months to look decent. I felt like my kids were neglected for a couple of months. Just one more reason for not wanting to do another pregnancy again. I understand what you are going through. I hope you feel better soon. It makes me sad that you are so miserable right now. Congrats.
I feel for ya!! Just hang in there :)
Congrats on being pregnant, boo for being sick! That must be exhausting to throw up ALL night long! And here I spent the day yesterday complaining about my sore throat...better start counting my blessings instead! Hope you feel better soon and don't have to go to the hospital!! Crazy!
I wondered...when you said you were at the Dr. Office...but, sorry about the sickness, that stinks. Hope you feel better soon.
Oh Katie! I'm so sorry that you have had such a rough ride! Congrats on baby #3...I know what you mean by not wanting to be pregnant again. I told Mark that if we don't give me a good long space before the next one, there just won't be a next one! :) Hang in there & don't feel like you are "bugging" your Dr. office. That's their job: to take care of you!
hey I hope dinner made you feel a little better! It can just get better from here right?!
what? Ok so I have been out of the blogging world for a little bit and I feel like I missed a ton! You are prego?! Wow you are brave! three kids!!! Livi will be older and she sounds like she will be a great helper. I hope you are all feeling better. Good luck and Congrats!
Sorry to hear about your condition. I can totally relate. Until I was prescribed Zofran I threw up every 20 minutes for 3 days straight. I still don't feel well but at least the meds help. If you haven't already ask Luke for a blessing. Pregnancy is not an easy thing especially for people with complications. I hope you get feeling well and can get through this difficult time. Congrats on the new baby!
So sorry you're feeling crappy (any better since you wrote this??), but wow, congrats!! #3, wow! :)
Katie-I am so excited that you are prego. (juno) I understand you about not doing great with prenancy bc i suck at being pregnant. You sound really sick though- I'll pray for you. Love and miss you guys. Love dri
hey when are you due?
OMG your preggers!! How exciting but I hear ya about hating every second of it cause I am on the same boat as you. I swear if Sydney wasn't so dang cute i would not have tired for another so this one better be cute too heheh So when are you due?? I hate getting the flu. I can say I have only had it a few times though but i did not throw up for as long as you have...yikes!! Hope you feel better and it does not come back again.
Sorry you are so sick hon! I know pgs don't agree with you so much. Maybe you should come stay at my house again! It worked the first time! Hopefully you'll feel better soon. Until then just try to be grateful for the ability to be pg and for modern medicine. What would we do without it?
Katie, I'm sorry you've been so sick. I was hideously sick with Ethan, and I got the flu once during that first three months... pretty much the same story. Yuck.. I'll drink a glass for you.
Yeah for baby #3! I'm sorry you've been so sick though! I hope you and your family get better quickly. Hopefully you being sick is just the flu and doesn't last too long into the pregnancy! Do you know how far along you are??? Well, congratulations! How exciting!
You sweet sweet thing! I couldn't imagine being that sick. I'm definetly thinking about you everyday and pray that it gets better soon.
We sure do miss you guys and our fun times together and if you still lived close I would watch your kids everyday for you. =) I know, I know, I'm awesome! =) Sure miss you and love you. Tell Luke and company hello for us.
You poor thing!
How are you feeling now?
I got sick like that this summer - and Greg called an ambulance (he was at work - I called him just as I was about to pass out)..had to have an iv, etc. As if pregnancy sickness isn't bad enough - to then deal with all of that. So sorry! I hope things are settling down.
Post a Comment