SO?! We were wondering if any of you know of some good places to buy kids things. New, mostly new, whatever. We were at Babies R Us last night and we found 2 carseat/travel systems that we like and we don't mind paying the $200+ for them, but if there are other places we can look...we LOVE saving money!
We have looked on craigslist (it is HORRIBLE out here..Kiera, you are really lucky with the things from Chicago and Rachel, I don't know HOW you get such great stuff!!), eBay, Target.com, Babies R Us, Burlington/Baby Depot, etc.
So, we would like to look for:
-carseat (we actually prefer Graco) and travel system
-crib mattress (we have one, but spencer is using it in the toddler bed)
-SWING
-Bouncer (although we are probably going to get this from Kristin! :)
-Dresser


If you have any websites you LOVE to frequent that give good prices on New or mostly new things let us know!! Thanks!
17 comments:
Ummm...I am really no help because I don't know where to look either, but I LOVE that brown and blue polka dot carseat/stroller that you have a picture of. Way cute!!
My fav travel system is the graco mosaic style...it folds umbrella style and it's super lightweight! Not sure where the best place to buy it is, I think we got ours online somewhere. But I love love love it! Watch a demo online so you can see how it folds, super cool!
Have you tried overstock.com? They have great deals and cheap shipping!
Well, obviously I don't live in OH so I can't tell you anywhere for sure, but here was have a gently used children's store that I get almost everything from. A lot of stuff still has the tags on it or for bigger items, such as swings, look like they've never been used. I bet if you searched the yellow pages you could find at least nearby!
P.S. When do we find out what this bebe is? I'm guessing a girl!
Another place is www.babysteals.com
Every morning at 9 am (i think) they introduce a new item for the day that's usually close to 50% off and then they sell until they are sold out. Sometimes they have some really good buys!
I think the best place is Once Upon A Child. They do sell new Graco travel systems with car seat/stroller and it's usually not as much as regular stores. Or they have used ones that are great, too! We got a really nice Eddie Bauer double stroller for $60 there! (it was slightly used, but looked brand new!) They do have things still in the boxes, though, if you want BRAND NEW!
I love Target!!!!
I got a killer deal on my double stroller from babycenter.com. (reg. $210 but ( got it for $110)you can sign up for coupons they e-mail and then I waited for a sale, and then they offered free shipping on anything over $100. I've made it a rule that I never pay full price for anything and it's saved me a lot!!! I usually wait for sales and get coupons. I've also gotten some good deals on target.com and I think they ship to the store for free along with walmart. good luck!
Katie-
They're doing a giveaway at www.inevergrewup.net for an awesome stroller! You should go check it out! It looks really great! Just thought I'd let you know!
I would try expanding your craigslist search...Like you could look in the Chicago area and then if mom and dad make a trip out to visit they could being it out...That's what we've done--we have NEVER found anything good in Utah, but we've found TONS of stuff in California and Chicago...So, that's what we've done...Other then that, Baby's R Us and authorized dealers of NEW travel systems have been good for us.
Well you know I am the deal lady! If you are going for you used there are several kids resale shops in the area that I Love! 1. Jelly Beans in avon-2. Once upon a child in westlake
3.second Generation- Eylria Plus my favorite The KIDSALES! They are still going to do them they start at the end of feb. and the stuff is Fabulous! We'll Talk
Once upon a child is my favorite place to buy baby and kid things. Their prices are good and I can get name brand for a fraction of the cost. Check it out if you haven't. Good luck!
Try albeebaby.com. We got our travel system for almost $100 less than it was retailing elsewhere.
That is sad that you gave it all away! Too bad you don't have BYU-I bulletin board anymore! It sounds like you have a pretty good list...now you just need to watch for some sweet deals!
I just found a new site called freecycle. google it and enter your city and state and you can join a site where everything is free that people are getting rid of. Some I'm sure is crap but some is good stuff too.
I'm not much help. We've been super blessed with craigslist and freebies from friends. Good luck!! If it hasn't already been mentioned, I'd try nextag.com (a comparative shopping site).
Post a Comment