Debt reduction feels so good. It really does! We have been able to cut down on bills..
I'll keep the updates going..but here is some thing that you can do right now to get ahead.
*Look at places where you can cut back. We cut down on our cell phone (unlimited text is now only 400 per month) and our cable. That saves us X amount each month...and we put it towards another long-term bill (aka credit card or student loans). It works and it feels good. If we try hard enough, we'll be out of debt in 4 years instead of the 10-15 years originally planned (stinkin' student loans). BUT if we try really, really, REALLY hard, we could be out of debt in about 1 1/2 to 2 years. Wow. That would feel really good.
*Oh, and credit cards? BAD! Enough said.
*This totally isn't all me talking here..I've had some great convos with some great friends...and am reading books. Interested? You can also read: One for the Money by Marvin J. Ashton


5 comments:
You're too funny. I love it. BAD credit cards...enough said. Who needs to read a thousand books about it? :-)
wow that would feel so good to be out of debt! We were working really hard at paying student loans and we still are paying more than the min. but seeing that we are going to be going back to school this fall for another three years it feels like we are going to be in debt forever!!!
Good luck to you. WIsh you the best at getting that debt paid off soon. We are looking at six years, our selves. So you are doing much better then we are.
We share your pain, unfortunately. :( Hopefully we'll get out in a few years too...:)
Funny you mention this, because Chad and I now have a competition going on between us and Karlee and Kent on who can pay the most debt off by Valentine's Day next year! It started on Valentines this year and so far we have paid off $2000. It feels so good. Debt totally sucks though, I feel your pain, sadly. =)
Oh and by the way....I MISS YOU!
Post a Comment