Saturday, August 22, 2009

amish country

Well, I never did finish the last day of our vacation with Iris and Terry!! We decided to go to Amish Country. Last time (with my family) we were unprepared and only hit one stop! This time I stayed up late making sure I had directions to everything we wanted to visit (and even then there was LOTS more to see!)


First stop? Heini's Cheese!
We had lots...and lots...and LOTS of cheese samples. They were all very good and we WILL be going back to visit-yum!



Then off to Yoder's farm. It was POURING on the way there, but we were lucky enough to see the sun for a little bit...and got to play with a cute dog and go on a buggy ride with Roman. (apparantly ALL of the amish men are named Roman)



Then off to eat at the Farmstead. This is some good food!
We couldn't resist taking this picture...wouldn't it make a GREAT Coke commercial?

random mac shot...over a MONTH ago!
We had a great trip and hope that it won't be 2 years before we see them again!!

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Looks like you all ahd fun! I love the family picture at the top of your blog!

Glenn Franklin said...

I just told Amy today that Heini's is one of my most favorite places on earth (we were there yesterday).