I'm 30. It happened last week...and I still can't believe it. I would like to think that I feel different or something...but nada.
In all of my 30 years of wisdom I have learned quite a few life lessons. For instance, if you eat more than enough cake, you will gain weight. If say something inappropriate, your kids will always, ALWAYS know it is not good and copy you. (Man, oh man, this happened way too many times! :) I'm sure you get my drift. We are all human and are prone to error. It's just how things go.
I have also realized that trials are never far away. Everyone has their own 'crisis' or trial. It is part of our being here on Earth. What IS strange is that every time we get in to a crisis or trial, we seem surprised by it. Like it shouldn't happen.
Case in point. I have been on a diet (aka way-of-life) and lost 20lbs this last month. It has been extremely hard, trying and down right frustrating. I knew it would be hard, difficult, whatever, but actually going through it...well, threw me for a bit of a loop. In my quest to lose the weight, I had some 'cheat' foods. I had sugar-free (DOVE) chocolate and sugar-free Dessert Delight Gum(thank you Kerry for introducing me to this!!).
Most of you would think...cheat? That's cheating? Yes, yes it is. In this diet you could not put anything, ANYTHING in your body that had any sort of 'sugar'/carb/fat in it. It was a bit extreme, but obviously effective.
Today, I am able to eat a bigger variety of food, but I still shouldn't have the gum. But I do. When I am hungry or want something sweet, whatever. Well, today wasn't much different. I was on the go, easy to stick a piece in and go. While I was driving I was chomping hard. I was hungry and a bit frustrated with some things...and just going to town on the gum. I ended up biting my cheek. And it hurt. Bad. But, did I spit the gum out? Nope, I kept on chomping and chomping...and bit my cheek again! This one was excruciating. I knew I was bleeding and finally decided I should spit it out.
Life and gum? How are these things similar? Easy. We keep going through life, chomping and chewing and doing our thing and when we get thrown curve balls...we keep doing the same thing. Not changing. How is this helping us? It's not. Sometimes we need to throw out the gum and let our cheek heal. Trust me, I would know.
Life lesson #2 : Let go of the things that are putting stress on your life. There is always a necessary amount of stress that we will always deal with; we are human. But let go of the rest and give it up to someone that can handle it!
4 comments:
amen!
lOVE LIFE LESSONS...thank you for sharing yours. It's so true. And so proud of your 20 pounds! That's a ton of weight in a short time. WOWZERS!
Ow! I've done that before and was left with a HUGE sore. Not fun. All I got to say about the cheating is at least it was gum and not something else. I cheated the other day and ate my kids' grilled cheese sandwich and some tomato soup 'cause they ate two bites and said they were done. I was tired of them wasting good food and I couldn't bear the thought of throwing it away. So, at least the cheating was small. : ) I commend you for your dedication!
That was a great analogy! Wow, you could give a talk in church based on that experience.
On a side note, I can't believe you lost 20 pounds in a month! Congrats!
Post a Comment