Friday, September 21, 2007

Scariest thing to happen..to date

So last night after dinner, Luke, Livi and I were sitting on the couch talking about our move in February. Spencer was walking around playing with toys when he went into the kitchen and went through our cabinets (not a big deal..he LOVES pots and pans and even the oven mitts)
Anyway, a few minutes later he comes walking out with an oven mitt on one hand and a knife in the other!!! I was freaking out--forget being calm!!
I got it away from him and scolded him and sent him to time out (yes, he understands!)
Well, after that I was freaking out of what might have been...when Luke informs me that Spencer had had it IN his mouth and was walking..one little trip, bump or anything and the likely hood of us not having our Spencer is overwhelming...(I am crying typing this)
I feel like such a bad mom..we didn't have a gate (we do NOW! As of 8:30 a.m. this morning, but had a chair blocking the way..and the knife was far back on the counter..I had used it earlier to cut open a salad bag.
SO..just a reminder to moms, dads, aunts/uncles, etc...always, ALWAYS put the knife back or in the sink. I seriously don't know how spencer got it, but always be cautious!!

4 comments:

The McLane Blog Page: said...

oh my goodness! That was scary, but you are definately NOT a bad mom!!! I'm sorry it was such a scary experience! We're so glad he is okay!!! LOVE YOU!

Anja said...

where are you moving to?

Ashleigh said...

Thats always scary! You know your not a bad mommy. Eden always seems to find the most dangerous things around our house too, no matter where they are put! A gate is always a godd idea though! ;-) Miss you guys!

Karlee said...

SCARY! How big of knife WAS this? That is so freaky! I'm so glad he didn't hurt himself!