Well, the time has come to say goodbye to Rainbow Dash...long live her fishy soul.
Yes, she died today between the hours of 2-3:20. I SERIOUSLY didn't see it coming and now livi is going to freak out!! Ughh, I wonder if she won't even notice...hmmm, when to flush her, when to flush her? I can't wait until tonight, that is just plain NASTY. Maybe Livi will notice and then I will have her do it. HAHA, JUST KIDDING!!
Oh well, so much for our aquarium kingdom. Stupid Wal-Mart fish...BTW, our fish didn't float when they died, they just chilling at the bottom...What the heck is up with that...? (probably something with the fish constipation and bowels)
3:45
Ok, I told her...and here is how it went.
Me:"Livi honey, I have some sad news."
Livi: What momma? What happened?
Me: Um, Rainbow Dash died.
Livi: What? I want to see! (She rushes over to the tank and looks inside. No, I haven't flushed it yet!) Ok Mom, I have an idea, we can get two more fish and name them, Cinderella and Rainbow Dash.
Me: you're going to have to call daddy.
Here's their conversation almost exactly, since I am sitting at the computer typing it...
Livi: Daddy, guess what? rainbow dash died!!
Luke: are you sad?
Livi: Umm, yeah, but I have an idea...why don't we get more fish?
Luke: Um, I'm not sure, we'll have to see.
Livi: I want 4 fish.
Luke: Livi, the tank isn't big enough for more than 1 or 2 fish
Livi: We can make a bigger tank and how about we have three? We can name them Cinderella, Rainbow Dash, it's big for 3 too.
Luke:I don't think 3 fish would fit. Were you sad when mommy flushed him down the toilet?
Livi: Her's not in the toilet yet. No it's a "her", not "him". Dad, I heard that you are going here...i heard you are coming here in one day.
Luke: No, two days.
Livi: Yeah, when the day pasts then you can come home and then we can play.
3:52 still haven't flushed the stupid fish...YUCK! I really dislike this part of being a mom.
5 comments:
So sad....although I do hear from a lot of people that goldfish have a VERY short life span. Why? I have no clue. So maybe if you do get more fish, just don't go gold. =)
Good bye Rainbow Dash and Mine Mine! We'll miss you.
I offer my deepest condolences.
Wow....absolutely hilarious, not that the fish died, but the conversation that Luke and Livi had. I hope that she does get a fish to name Cinderella, or better yet about a baby sister, Cinderella has not be used forever. What do you think? Hehehe, just kidding. Love you
I just saw a "Wife Swap" where one of the families cremates people's pets and offers funerals. They've done things as small as a fish and as large as an orangatun. Maybe you can go that route.....j/k Remember "Fetcher", the beta fish Aaron bought me before he went on his mission? That thing lived over 4 years! Once I was sure he was dead, and I almost considered giving him mouth-go-gill rescucitation (spelling?).
Livi is such a cute girl! Poor fishies though.
Post a Comment