Saturday, September 20, 2008

I had a nightmare...

That's right folks, I had a nightmare. I've had them before, you know, the one's where you sit straight up right outta bed and then can't get back to sleep? I tossed and turned about 40 times before I got up, started a load of laundry and started typing this post. You also might notice that it is 7:48 A.M. And for those that know me well, but especially for those that DON'T know me well...this is about 3 hours earlier than I normally get up. Yes, that's right. I have 2 wonderful kids that really "understand" and "appreciate" how important it is to SLEEP IN and to let MOMMY sleep in every day.

Many of you will notice that I don't plan play dates, go to play group or even have Livi in A.M. preschool...and obviously the reason for that...I like my mornings...spent in my bed!

Don't get me wrong, last year we were up with the rest of America, getting her ready for school that started at 8:30 a.m. and I don't have anything against that. To be completely honest, I sometimes miss it (apparantly NOT enough:)!

I realize that many of you think that I may be lazy or you just "can't believe" that I am so lucky. I know. I really know! I am one lucky mother. Since we moved out here to this dungeon of an apartment and put a dark blanket up in the window, the kids have slept much better. 12 1/2+ hours of sleep a night is what I call a dream...

Darn it!! The kids are up and it's 7:56 a.m. on a Saturday...I'll just eat my words.

11 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Oh Katie! You are SO funny! I totally cannot believe you get that much late sleep! I am slightly jealous. I am more of a morning person, really. No wonder our schedules have never meshed to get together! :)

Monique said...

Oh, I love sleeping in too! I haven't been able to for a good 4 years now, unless Jer gives me the luxury. I can't wait for my kids to be old enough to be up on their own. I let Sam, but Parker is almost always the first up. This morning I let Parker lay in bed awake for an hour! I was so tired and Jer's out of town. Anyways, I totally understand. I'm not a morning person either!!!

Jennifer said...

Wow, you are lucky! I love to sleep in. RJ was very good about letting me sleep in until the last few months. Sometimes if I can't handle the morning at all, I put a movie on for the kids and go back to bed. I am awful!

Katy said...

You are a hoot! I get to sleep in a lot too...b/c if I get up too early, I puke my guts out. People wonder why we're having our kids 18 months apart...it's so I can get the royal treatment & stay in bed, while Mark gets up with Sennika right? ;) Usually when I'm not pregnant, I am a very early morning person, but when I'm pregnant, I'm like you. I arrange my schedule to avoid having to be out in public or be seen by others in the morning. I don't go anywhere or have people over before noon on a "good" day.

homeschooling Mama said...

Totally with you on this one! I love sleeping in. Mostly it is to have to avoid dealing with the day ie. reality! It's like a slap in the face every time I get out of bed. Oh the joys of sleep!

Laura W said...

WOW!! That is pretty darn lucky! :) I had a long phase of Ari sleeping until 10 every morning. That was a nice spoiled time of my life. I mourn the loss of it sometimes. ;)

Autumn said...

hey hey! Thanks for saying hi. Did you go to BYU I too? Or did I see you at some other point besides the year I lived in Naperville?

J said...

it's a good thing i didn't know about this a year ago when i could've strangled my kid for waking up at 5:00 a.m. every day! i love my mornings too and i value my sleep. but ever since becoming a mother, i've gotten less and less of it. thankfully now, vessel doesn't wake up at 5:00 a.m. everyday. it's more like 6:00 or 7:00. and if i'm really lucky it's 8:00, but that's pushing it. i envy you!!

J said...

p.s. i don't think you're lazy at all. :)

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Oh, yes the sleep. I do know how you enjoy that. ;)

Okay, then you said something about a nightmare and then you didn't share it. But maybe it's for the better. But I am sorry about that. Nightmares are the worst and I seem to have them more often than I would like to.

Unknown said...

you are so lucky, no matter how late they go to bed, my kids heads pop off the pillow at 6:30