Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday: Decluttering and de-papering




Alright, so maybe "de-papering" isn't really a word, but go with me here. Growing up I had a bit of a habit of being a packrat. I have since changed my ways (there are only a few things that I am nostalgic enough about to keep) and have been working pretty hard to make room for things that I really need.

This has thus rolled over into decluttering our filing cabinet. Oh, what a task. We have SO many things in there, it is ridiculous! I have Christmas cards from friends from 2005, bank statements from 2001, student loan info from 2002..you get the picture. Yes, it was that bad. So I went through almost ALL of the files and used this to get rid of things:

It was nice being able to get rid of 4 INCHES of paper. Yep, that is a whole lotta paper to shred, but it is so nice to have room in the filing cabinet.

5 comments:

Ellis Family said...

What a task. Definilty something i need to do. Thanks for the link. That answers a great question.

Katy said...

And...you never realize how much junk you've accumulated until you move. ;)

Marilee said...

Can you teach your brother it is okay to let go of things? He is still a packrat!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

I'm so proud of your de-cluttering skills. Chad and I did that the other and day and I cannot believe how many things we've held on to.
The other nice thing is that when you move again, no more extra junk.
By the way?.....any more news on leaving the great state of Ohio? =0

Jessica Speed said...

Good for you! I love to go through stuff and de-junk.