Yeah, I guess I am. i did it again. i hurt myself. I guess it wouldn't matter if I wasn't less than 2 weeks away from my due date. I pulled a groin muscle. It hurts and I can barely walk, let alone get in or out of bed, off the couch, put clothes on, lift my leg to turn the vacuum on...and you know those walk-in showers (the ones that have only an inch or 2 lip before you get in? yeah, that was a tricky one!)
Yesterday we were at a friend's house and we were down in the basement cleaning up all of the toys (it was a horrendous mess, BUT the kids did play down there for several, SEVERAL hours, leaving me and amy in perfect silence upstairs! :) After telling Spencer several times to help clean up, he started to make a break for the stairs...so naturally I ran after him. Fast. Well, as fast as a 9 month pregnant woman can. It was bad. I knew it about 5 seconds after i did it that something was wrong. we continued cleaning up. then left. then I tried to climb into the SUV...wasn't happening. I couldn't get in..so I had to manipulate myself in backwards. i. looked. ridiculous. ugh.
we got home and spencer had fallen asleep in the car. i couldn't bring him inside, so we waited for luke to get home. walking into the house posed a bit of a problem. i couldn't get down the stairs without his help. basically the rest of the night went like that. i couldn't get UP from the couch. I couldn't sit DOWN on the couch. everything i did was helped along from luke or livi. including getting into bed. sitting on the couch posed a bit of a problem too: contractions. yuck!
fast forward to this morning. at 6:15 this morning luke got out of bed and i followed him into the bathroom...when i say follow, i mean, it took me 4 minutes to roll over and get out of bed. ridiculous. long story short? i took a flexeril (left over from my torticollis) and fell asleep on the couch...i feel a bit better, but the pain is still VERY prevalent...hopefully i'll feel up to going out to eat with friends tonight. wish me luck! oh, and my parents are coming this weekend (yay!! :) hopefully i'll be able to walk a bit. hopefully.

10 comments:
Oh my soul!!! Katie! Get better soon!
KATIE!!! So, so, so sorry! I hope you can get better...and in time for baby too!
OUCH - I'm so sorry. Do you need anything?
Ouch! It's one thing to get hurt, but another when you have so much responsibility on your shoulders. When you're a mom you can't take a break. You've got kids to take care of, a husband to take care of, a house to take care of, etc. etc. And to be 9 months pregnant on top of that? Eeesh! I'm sorry you got hurt. Hopefully you are getting a lot of help!
Oh Katie...I feel for you! I've pulled all the ligaments in my groin when I was preggers with Sienna. It's very painful! I hope that you can rest today and that the pain will subside so you can function again. Just think...it's almost over, it's almost over, it's almost over.
I did something similar a couple weeks before Eiley was born. It was not at all fun. Luckily the worst of it was over within a couple days. I was still sore for the rest of the pregnancy. What isn't sore at that point though? Hope you get better soon. Take it easy. Soon you won't be pregnant any more!!! Good luck with everything. Can't wait to see pictures and get the info when he/she comes. Yay!!!
I hope you recover from that quickly. If I were you I'd take it easy for a few days to recoup but I know that is boring...:-)
oh no. I am soooo sorry. Is it going to cause problems when you go into labor and have to spread your legs apart or should it be better by your due date? Good luck
Oh my goodness! That's terrible! I hope the pain goes away soon!! If I was up there, I'd come and help you with everything!!
Valerie..I guess that is the million dollar question! I'll let you know! ;)
Post a Comment