This last fast Sunday (yesterday) we had the latter experience.
We've been having a hard time with Bella.

She was such a cute and energetic dog, but the past month or so, we've realized that something has got to give. We were cleaning up after her almost daily and we didn't know when she would have an accident. We couldn't leave her for very long and it just boiled down to: give up our kids or give up the dog (J/K!!) But really, the amount of stress was not worth it.
Luke talked to our neighbor, Kathy, yesterday. He was throwing some information out there, wondering if she knew of anyone that would want a dog. After talking a bit, we realized it might be harder than we thought for several reasons:
1.) The economy: there are so many people that are giving away animals right now because they can't afford them.
2.) Our attachment to her. Yes, it has only been 8 months, but we were starting to really get to know her and love her (minus the accidents).
3.) We didn't want to give her to a pound. Just the thought of her being put to sleep didn't sit well with us.
Kathy said she would ask around, but didn't really seem optimistic.
Well, Saturday night came. We let Bella out, she did her deed and we went in to watch a movie. 2 hours pass, we go back out and she had an accident. We took her out, let her run around. She went to the bathroom and we put her back in her kennel.
We were starting our fast and I decided that although it might not be the most appropriate thing to fast about, we needed to get some answers about her future in our family. It might have seemed a little silly, but it was important to us and to her well being. We woke up this morning and she had messed her kennel again. If that wasn't a sign, I don't know what was. :)
Needless to say, we were done. We didn't know when or how, but we needed to find a home for that dog. We went to Church and didn't think too much about it anymore. We came home and weren't home more than an hour when we got a call from Kathy saying she had found a home for the dog. Really. We talked to the couple and they said they would be over..in 30 minutes. WHOA!
We sat the kids down and explained everything to them. Livi was sad. But we told her that it was ok and that the lady was going to treat Bella better than we EVER could. She took it well and she wrote the lady a note thanking her. :)
I know this doesn't seem like the most sincere fast. It almost seems a little ridiculous. But for our family situation, it was getting pretty dire. Wow. I still can't believe it. After they took her, Luke and I just sat on the couch and smiled. It was sad, but we were in a sense..free. To top it off, the lady that took her doesn't live too far away . She is obsessed with dogs, loves putting bows in their hair and will dote on her. Bella deserves that..something that we couldn't give her.
It is amazing that Heavenly Father recognizes what we need. It isn't too small or ridiculous to Him. He just wants us to be happy.
9 comments:
I am glad I am not the only one who fasts for "silly" things. Thanks for sharing this. It is proof of your faithfulness.
lol I'm not laughing that you fasted about this. It was a legitimate concern! So I understand. I'm laughing about how you and Luke "just sat on the couch and smiled." That cracked me and Trapper up. I could totally feel the relief and stress just LIFTING from yawl's shoulders. Trust me, I'd be feeling the SAME way. And that is why we don't have a dog...yet.
You're right; if it's important to us and our well-being (and sanity!), Heavenly Father is mindful and cares. I'm glad your prayers were answered, and that Bella's gone to a happy home :)
It may seem ridiculous, but made me tear up! Heavenly Father really does care about the little things and answers ALL of our prayers, sometimes at the drop of a hat, sometimes they take a while!
Awww! I'm so glad it all worked out! I don't think it's silly at all! I've found that if it's important to me, it's important to Him. I pray for time to fold the laundry, etc. Not silly at all! :)
that is so cute! Seriously, not something silly to fast about. I'm glad you shared something with us that strengthened your testimony. love ya!
I'm so glad it worked out for you guys!
Agreed!
I'll let the kiddos play with Joey.
Also, I thought you were fasting about what you would be doing in 9 months...you know what easy babies bring - more babies.
I don't think you should trivialize this. Everyone's problems are real for them! And obviously Heavenly Father understood your concern and it all worked out. Such a testimony builder, isn't it? Sometimes its the tiniest problems that the Lord helps me out with and it just makes me realize how He truly does care about us and wants us to be happy.
I'm glad you had this experience and I'm glad Bella is in a good home!
Post a Comment