Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

I know, I know...it's been AGES since I last posted (well, that's how I look at it!)

Anyway, we had a WONDERFUL weekend full of family fun. My mom, dad, sister-Kiera, and bro-in-law, Josh came to visit and hang out with us. Let me tell you...we know how to pack several days worth of sites into a very short 3 days. It wasn't long enough and I just know that they will be back to see everything they missed.


They got in around 1 a.m. on Saturday morning after a 6 hour drive. We slept in a bit and then were on our way to the West Side Market. My mom was in heaven (as I was when I first went :) We spent a bit of time there in the meat/cheese area and had a bratwurst (what are we 1/2 german?! ;) My mom bought 2 loaves of baguettes and havarti & cheddar cheese. (Anyone who knows our family knows that french bread traditions!!) Then we walked to the fruit stands and bought grapes (and more grapes!), cherries, corn, and bananas. Fantastic and YUMMY! It was perfect snack food for our trip to Amish country.
West Side Market:
Alright, so we didn't go to the "heart" of Amish Country (we WILL be going later!), but we sure did quite a bit at Lehman's Store. Then we drove to Berlin to eat at the Farmstead restaurant. The countryside was GORGEOUS! So green and the rolling hills were to DIE for...definitely a mutiple visit.
Amish Country:
More weekend posts to come tomorrow!

4 comments:

The ZamFam said...

Looks and sounds like you had lots of fun! Gotta love those holidays!!

Ellis Family said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I am so jelous...wyoming has ummm sagebrush to offer, and NO green! Is Luke growing some scruff???

S&J Jones Family said...

Wow, Luke's got a pretty good run at a beard goin' on! You are totally right...Spencer does look like a little newsie. I love that movie!

Kerry said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend! Did you get any havarti? Right now for me it's all about the food! :)