Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Problem...

I'm on a search for the perfect swimsuit. I was trying to buy online from a modest place and the order won't go through...so until then, I am on a SWIM SUIT QUEST!

I am all for the modest thing, I'm not a bikini type person (hehehehehehahahahah...that is so funny!) and I am usually a one-piece sort of gal. BUT, I have seen some modest tankini where the tops are super long and modest....so I'm looking.
Any ideas?
I have been to sites like this:
http://www.swimmodest.com/ and this: http://www.wholesomewear.com/page-4.html but I'm looking more for this...https://www.modbeclothing.com/fashionmom and I'm not having much luck since they are sold out...

Can you help a girl out?!

12 comments:

The McLane Blog Page: said...

Anthropologie has some cute one piece swimsuits

Tristen said...

Try http://diviinemodestee.com/. They have some seriously excellent and modest swimsuits. I've never tried a tankini before either, but my sister just got two of these swimsuits and they were both super cute, plenty thick, and very modest. We played and played and I never saw her stomach. Have fun shopping! I need a new suit very badly also! Except I'll wait until the next season probably.

Chatty Family said...

Lands End! High quality, long tankini tops, mix n match and skirts with thick waistbands. Plus you can actually TRY THEM ON at Sears. Sure beat my suit from last year. (sorry Costco!)

Amy Franklin said...

Lands End has some really cute modest tankinis--there's one I was thinking of getting but haven't taken the plunge yet...

Staci said...

Here are a couple more places to try:
www.shadeclothing.com
www.layersclothing.com
I bought a swim suit from Shade last year after I had Carli and the back part about their stuff is that it's kind of tight. I wish I would have gotten one size bigger. I'm not sure how layers is, but usually their stuff isn't as tight. Let me know how it goes!

the Petterson Family said...

try Land's End...they usually have modest swimsuits and lots of choice for coverups, shorts, etc.

stevie kay said...

I was going to suggest Modbe, but apparently you've already been there :-)

I have a mock tankini from Lands End (it looks like a tankini, but is really a one piece.) I'm not sure if they still sell the mock tankinis, but I know these sell both one pieces and long tankini's, I'd look there.

Brooke said...

layers.com has cute ones too.

Staci said...

ok, so what's Lands End? I've never head of it before.

Shannon said...

layersclothing.com has way cute and modest suits.

Melissa said...

Hey Katie!
Just wanted to say Hi.
I hope you've found something by now. I like layers, they are having a sale right now.

I am also so excited for fall, but i feel like this summer has gone by way fast. maybe it's me. It was so fun to see & play with you guys when you were in town. I hope it's not too long before your back!

Happy Anniversary tomorrow! We hit 7 years in May. It made me feel old, even though I'm not.... I'm just Mormon! :)

christa said...

I don't know if you've found one since this post...but alloy.com has super long tankini's and you can find a botton anywhere.
Good luck, I'm glad you're not private so I can see your page again! :)