Monday, February 4, 2008

Taking things for granted

Here is a little blog muse: Taking things for granted

I take things for granted. Everything. I shouldn't.
I was talking to one of my wonderful brother's today on the phone and we had a DANG good talk. (it has been WAY too long!) We talked about how as a family Luke and I made more money than most people around the world. WHOA, hold the phone!! I can't really comprehend that because there are TONS of people that make more than us, but then he started talking about the millions of people in Mexico and other 3rd world countries. He was right! And here I was complaining about our financial situation and how we have debt, etc. And then he thows that curve ball...and I realize: I take way too many things for granted.
I've had some physical problems lately and realized that I took my health for granted for WAY TOO long.
I have some GREAT and amazing friends and I remember when I used to take some of them for granted...this has STOPPED...and this move will be a POSITIVE and great experience.

Goal: Realizing that Heavenly Father has blessed me with more than I realize and it is up to me to change my life and attitude. More importantly, I am going to make this move A WONDERFUL experience. I am going to go out and meet people, explore new places and be a better mom and mother.

Are there things that you take for granted?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

thanks so much for this post. I complain all the time about our finances. I never thought about it in the light of the whole world. I am very blessed, thank you for reminding me.

The McLane Blog Page: said...

hola sista!!! Come on...I take EVERYTHING for granted!! haha! I am trying to be way better though. I've been doing "gratitude prayers" lately and that has really helped a lot! Plus, I've tried to be super nice to Josh lately because I realize how wonderful he is and that I'm so lucky to have him!! And now, I'm going to let you know that I'm grateful you're my sister!!! You're so sweet to everyone nad you always seem so happy and optimistic...I knwo we all have our moments, but you do a great job being positive about things!!! I love ya!!